Thursday 13 December 2012

Infinity again

Earlier in the year I started a series of paintings entitled 'Infinity'. I was trying to convey a sense of enormity within the confines of the picture plane by depicting just part of a circle. I have called this series 'Infinity:Cosmos' following the feedback I received.






I then took it a step further and began to work on three larger canvases which I left in an unresolved state at the beginning of the summer.







Since then I have worked on these paintings further.

Far Beyond

I like 'Far Beyond' best as it shows a development in my style moving away from total flat colour and hard edged shapes.





This painting with the red shapes has a constructivist feel to it and I have been influenced by early modernist art. Its in the colours that I associate with the old Soviet Union.






This monochrome one ...... I am not sure if it is finished. I may sharpen up some edges.



No comments:

Post a Comment